Mobile Deposit FAQs
*For security purposes it is NOT recommended to use non-secured public Wi-Fi to access sites
New Century Bank’s Mobile Deposit is a convenient way to deposit checks into your checking or savings account using your mobile device.
In general, all consumer customers with an eligible New Century Bank account (checking or savings) and valid Online Banking credentials can use Mobile Deposit. To use Mobile Deposit you must download New Century Bank’s Mobile Banking App for iPhone or Android in order to use Mobile Deposit.
Yes, new customers and/or new accounts are eligible.
To sign up for Mobile Deposit you must have Online Banking and the current version of New Century Bank’s Mobile Banking App. You will need to click on Deposits and register within the Mobile Banking App. After your enrollment has been completed and reviewed you will receive a notification indicating whether or not you were accepted. Once you receive the notification that you were accepted you may immediately begin using Mobile Deposit.
No, New Century Bank’s Mobile Deposit is free.
Checks submitted for Mobile Deposit will require 3 endorsements:
Deposits may be rejected if they are not endorsed properly.
Check deposits made using Mobile Deposit are subject to verification and will generally be available for withdrawal the business day following the accepted deposit. Mobile deposits received on weekends, bank holidays and after 2pm (CST) are processed on the next business day.
Yes, there are standards which limit the number of items, dollar amount per item, dollar amount per day and dollar amount per month. If an item or transaction exceeds the set limits you will receive a notification.
The following check types can be submitted using Mobile Deposit:
- Personal Checks payable to the account holder drawn from a United States Bank
- Business checks payable to the account holder drawn from a United States Bank
The following check types should NOT be submitted using Mobile Check Deposit:
- Traveler’s checks
- Savings bonds
- Money orders
- Federal government checks
Foreign checks (Checks drawn on banks not in the United States.)
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the account holder
- Checks that have previously been negotiated via any method at New Century Bank or any other financial institution
Once you have submitted your check for deposit it will be reviewed by the Bank. When an item is accepted for deposit you receive notification. You will then need to mark the check as “electronically processed” or “void”. You will need to retain the check in a safe place for at least 60 days. After 60 days, and after you have confirmed the deposited funds have been applied to your account correctly, shred the check and dispose of it accordingly.
What happens if I discover an error on my part or the Bank’s involving Mobile Banking/Deposit-such as a check being deposited twice?
Any known issues or discrepancies should be reported to the Bank immediately. Any intentional or unintentional misuse may result in termination of Mobile Deposit access.
- Make sure that all other apps are closed
- Make sure that the check amount you enter matches the amount written on your check
- Verify that the back of your check is endorsed with your signature, mobile deposit and the date.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking your photos
- Capture the photos of your check in a well-lit area
- Place your check on a solid, dark background before taking your photos
- Make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting your deposit
- Expand All